Monday, July 7, 2008

Mom & Meg Monday!( & a story)

Monday Monday Monday!!!
yep, it's Mom and Meg Monday! :-) After a busy w/e and dad's back to work it's our day to play! I think summer's the only time I enjoy Mondays! LOL
I hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday w/e. We sure did, we went and saw fireworks and Kung Fu Panda on Friday night at the drive in. I hadn't been to a drive in since I was a teenager and Megan's never been so it was cool. The fireworks were awesome & the movie was cute. Saturday we had a b-day party we went to for my niece Kayla & Sun we just hung out in the pool and did house cleaning. Today's play day! woohoo!

I was thinking how nice it would be to go get a massage..............ahhh relaxing....... then I remembered the one I had last year for Mother's Day. Not so relaxing. I was in the "rainforest" themed room, which was cool, plants all around, fake birds, stuffed monkeys, a mini water fountain in the corner. You get all ready and lay there in the dark and then the themed music starts......which at first is nice.......soothing sounds of the rainforest and just when you are nice and relaxed and almost ready to fall asleep here comes a thunderstorm....Ok that's fine< i can sleep when it rains......But then....birds...and not quiet birds but the sound of a hungry bird looking for a kill....the sound that about me jump off the massage table! Then there's other sounds.....so then you are laying there thinking"How in the hell am I suppose to relax when I am alone in the rainforest at night in a thunderstorm being stalked by large snakes, chimps , man eating birds and God knows what else?????" Then to top it off the massage wasn't that great and listening to the rainforest and the water fountain just made me want to pee.
Ok, so maybe I don't want a massage now.
Or at least not in the rainforest room.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I can't believe you actually worked yourself up into such a frenzy about the rainforest massage!!! I love massages. At first it's always a little weird getting undressed but after they get going, it's okay. I like the music too, can't say I've ever had the rainforest experience. I don't think I want to! Only you would come up with this! Ha! You are too funny! I can just see you lying there thinking all of those thoughts! hehe

    Love, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the BEST description!!

    I love massages . . . in therory, but my experiences have always been like yours . . . distracted by everything around me!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete